by: Jasy Jones
When I find a really good book, I want to read it every moment of every day until it is finished. (Then, I cry because I finished it so quick.)
As a full time student, athlete, and employee on campus it is incredibly hard to find time to read a book. My problem is, I will convince myself that I can finish this book before my homework is due so, I’ll read it hard and just hope I can get the work done later. Not good. Not good at all. So, here is an article for all of those who are like me that want to do well and read at the same time!
1. First, bring your book with you everywhere! Every class, meeting, (maybe not social events), everywhere! If you have breaks that are under half an hour and you don’t have a exam then whip that puppy out! It is a perfect time to just get your mind off of things and relax.
2. Read for fifteen, twenty minutes before you go to bed just to empty your mind of stress.
3. If you are someone that needs to get up slowly and take their time to become fully awake then read for five, ten minutes before you actually get out of your bed.
4. For commuters, you can take a nice relaxing scented bubble bath while enjoying your novel.
5. You can take it to the bathroom with you. (If you’re into that kind of thing.)
6. For lunch go to Coal Ben or Krasa on your own and get some nice reading time in.
Free reading is an amazing way to calm your mind after dealing with all the stresses of classes. Every person should pick up a book, find some time, and just relax with it. It will change the way you see the world.