By: Tatanisha Wooley
If you are like me, you enjoy staying in this winter. The air is too cold and the snow is piled too high. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a delicious soup in the middle of this cold winter? Why don’t you stay in, watch Netflix, and enjoy this soup.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
MAKES: 8 servings
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 cups reduced- sodium chicken broth
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire –roasted diced tomatoes, not drained
• 3 cups frozen corn
• 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
• ½ cup fat free sour cream
• ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
1. In an oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
2. Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).