Families with multiple children have faced the birth order dilemma. Depending on your birth order says a lot about your personality. As the oldest in my family I always heard I was the most responsible. My youngest brother hears how cute and adorable he is. Here are some traits on birth order that I noticed as well as some from The Huffington Post.
- The “responsible” child- you had to be perfect and could do nothing wrong. If you did do something wrong than your parents were like you are setting a bad example.
- Conscientious- the oldest will be more aware of decisions and will weigh the pros and cons of their actions.
- Like Spending Time with Adults
- Natural Leaders
- Tendency to be Bossy- Like things to be done their way. I can contest to this when things did not go my way I use to get very upset.
- Perfectionists- As a result, of their perfectionists the oldest will put pressure on themselves to succeed and reach their goals.
- Are selfless rather than selfish- They are used to sharing everything that belongs to them
- The Popular Child
- According to Huffington Post, the Adaptable Child-Because of the change from youngest to middle they can adapt to situations quicker than other siblings.
- They are patient
- They struggle with their roles in the family and will be the child who goes through rebellion
- They are competitive- Because of their lack of individuality in the family they complete for their parents attention.
- Charming and the Impulsive Child
- More Selfish than Selfless- They are used to getting their way in their family
- Most likely to be indulged in their family
- Have fewer responsibilities than the other siblings
- According to Huffington Post, like to have fun
- They are not taken as seriously as the others
- Treated as the baby so they do not get the independence they crave
- According to Huffington Post, most likely take risks
- They get babied by everyone in the family
According to a Huffington Post article, only child’s tend to:
- Enjoy the perks of oldest and youngest qualities
- Are often Confident
- Socially Mature- they spend a lot of time with adults and they feel most comfortable in social situations
- Dependent on Parents- They spend more time with their parents
- Tendency to be Bossy
- Does not Like to Share- They are not use to sharing