By: Tatanisha Wooley
10. Chicago: The Windy City is known mostly for its bitter cold winters, but in the summer, the city is beautiful. There are green parks to play in, the Lake is busy with people swimming or kayaking, and there are great outdoor events such as concerts. If you are into sports, you could go to Wrigley Field to see the Chicago Cubs play.
9. Yellowstone: The first national park in the world, Yellowstone, is a renowned tourist spot. Established in 1872, this park has three million visitors annually, due to the magnificent Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, which is 20 miles long and one of the most scenic highlights at Yellowstone.
8. U.S. Virgin Island: Whether you are seeking relaxation or adventure, the U.S. Virgin Islands offer activities to do for everyone, from sunbathing on a beach resort to going on a scenic hiking trail, St. John, and St. Thomas are unforgettable island paradises.
7. Barcelona: The city is known for more than its fútbol team, it also has a feast for the eyes. The city is beautiful. Those who visit can walk past medieval architecture and visit the Sagrada Familia. Also places such as Las Ramblas is busy at all hours.
6. Honolulu: Lying on the beach is one of the many ways people like to spend their summer; Honolulu is the perfect place to do so. The beaches are beautiful; there are many outdoor bars, and many opportunities to take hiking trips.
5. San Francisco: San Francisco has been listed as the best place in America to visit. Top tourist attractions include Chinatown, which is the oldest Chinatown in North America, and the Golden Gate Bridge, which has been the backdrop for numerous films, including Superman (1978), Star Trek (2009), and X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).
4. New York: It is no surprise that this global city made the top ten lists of places to visit in the U.S. This urban business center drew around 50 million tourists last year, with attractions such as Madison Square Garden, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and Central Park, just to name a few. There are endless activities to take part in, from dining at new restaurants to attending a Broadway play.
3. Miami: Miami’s high season is the winter so going in the summer makes it a great place. Miami can be on the expensive side, but during the summer, prices tend to drop. You can try sticky, sweet mangos or check out many of the summer festivals or concerts that are happening.
2. Bali: Whether you want to dive, hike, or do yoga, Bali has it all. The coastline and mountains make it the perfect place to take a summer vacation. Bali has many great things to offer first time visitors, and those who visit once want to come back.
1. Paris: Year after year, the City of Lights draws tourists to its Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Norte Dame. What keeps people coming back time after time are the cafes, vibrant markets, and all the trendy shopping stores. Not to mention anyone can discount the French charm.